Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Photo Fun!

Inspired by my friend Mr. D's blog, I have spruced up my title with a snappy new picture.

The picture was cribbed from here and adjusted in MS Paint with my awesomely spectacular graphic design skills. If anyone who has actual graphic design skills wants to come up with something better, I would be much obliged.

Couple of other blog management type things, while we're on the topic:

1) I am vaguely considering switching the blog to Wordpress. There seem to be some better features over there that interest me. If anybody has thoughts on the relative merits of Wordpress vs. Blogger, or even just wants to tell me about the fantastic features of Wordpress, I'd be interested.

2) Ads. As I was implementing my title picture, I noticed a "Monetize" tab in the Blogger management screen. Since we in the U.S. are now all about monetization, I was intrigued. But, of course, I live to serve my readers, both of them. Would there be any sig. objections to my experimenting with the relatively run-of-the-mill Ad-Sense text ads? Please register objections in the comments to this post. Frankly, I'm interested to see what ads my rather specialized take on the world would draw...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd prefer if it was something in the Yahoo realm of text ads, but otherwise, am also curious to see what comes up!

blighter said...

Not v. anonymous, Mr. Anonymous.

I'm not aware of how Yahoo's text ad system works. Ad-Sense was, of course, automatically integrated as Google owns Blogger.

I'm not opposed to using Yahoo, if someone can point towards a page explaining how.

I wonder, though, since Yahoo recently added a WordPress widget to their excellent mail interface if they have some affiliation or affinity for WordPress? Perhaps I should count your comment as a vote for a move to WordPress...

Anonymous said...

Mr. Blighter, good to see you've spruced up the site! Looking sharp!

Anyway, about the ad issue. I have no objections to using a blog as a billboard, as long as the ads you select reflect the tone of the blog in some way. This could be a difficult arrangement, but don't accuse me of not being a good capitalist.

All the best,
Mr. D

Anonymous said...

I think Mr. Anonymous may, in fact, be Mrs. Anonymous. If you start showing ads, then I demand to get my subscription fee back for this blog. Oh wait ...