Thursday, May 7, 2009

What 12-year Old Girl's Basketball, TE Lawrence and Computer War Games have in Common

I'm still under the gun with work-related stuff until next Wed., so posting will be fairly nonexistent until then.

I did just want to point out that Gladwell's latest piece in the New Yorker is stupid and approaches self-parody.

I don't have time to go through it point- by-point illustrating its manifold stupidities, so I'll leave that as an exercise for the reader.

I'll just tease it by saying that one of his main arguments is that men's college basketball way under-utilizes the full-court press. His primary support for this is that a parent-coach had a lot of success with it in his 12-year old daughter's league.

No, seriously.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmemo.com/2009/05/are_aig_fp_employees_using_bailout_cash_to_get_job.php

Anonymous said...

Mind you, I am not saying this proves this is going on.

I just thought you would find it amusing, given our earlier discussion about strict adherence to the law.