Wednesday, September 17, 2008

What a week I'm having!

So yeah.

Just to put it out there:

There are better ways to start your work week than by reading in the NY Times that your company has 48 to 72 hours left unless it raises a massive amount of money. In a credit market that's collapsing.

I'll have lots and lots more to say about this. (Hey, if you're reading this and you have no idea what this whole mess is, give me a shout or stay tuned. I can explain it with wit and verve! Just ask my coworkers who I've been amusing/elucidating all day!)

For a tease, here's Hank Greenberg (the CEO who built AIG and was forced out during a trumped up accounting scandal pursued by that peach of a man Eliot Spitzer) writing to Robert Willumstad (the latest of our revolving door of CEOs after Hank left. Decent guy, but with a pretty hopeless mission.) on Monday. The day before we were bailed out (read: bought) by the Fed.

And here's my shorter version:

I hate you. You know this. But even aside from that, I've offered to help you. You've ignored me. You're going to lose the company you fucking moron. Take my fucking help.

Yours, Hank

No comments: