Monday, August 11, 2008

Ice to meet you...

Another Onion-worthy article in the NY Times today, this time about people who prefer special ice. These people not only have aparently deeply held preferences for shape, taste, etc. of the ice that goes in their drink, but they are also willing to defend these preferences by going so far as to bring their own ice to a party.

If I were to ever discover that I knew someone who would bring their own ice over to a cocktail party I was having I would have to seriously re-evaluate my ability to discern character. I would do that re-evaluation after smacking that person in the head and dousing them liberally with whatever drink I was trying to offer them when they expressed the ice preference.

I would try not to follow the dousing with lighting them on fire but if I were unable to contain myself, I would be sure to use an appopriately trendy and expensive type of fire so that they would at least not suffer undue embarassment during their richly deserved immolation.

No comments: