Wednesday, August 27, 2008

The one to have when you're having more than one?

Interesting article in the Times about some brewers producing tasty low-alcohol beers. The idea being that you can have a long afternoon or evening of drinking without getting absolutely plastered.

Now, of course, getting plastered sometimes can be fun in-and-of-itself but I can definitely see the attraction in a low-alcohol beer.

It would be particularly good for me as I have a tendency to consume liquids at a constant -- and high -- rate regardless of their alcohol content. Thus the more alcoholic the drink, the faster I get ploughed. I sometimes try to temper this by keeping a glass of water handy to fulfill some of the liquid-quaffing but it can be difficult to keep a glass of water full at a crowded bar.

And the bar tender secretly hates you when you do. They don't say anything but you can always tell...

No comments: